Nursing Facilities



C.A.R.E. stands for client, assessment, referral and evaluation.  This program was started in 1994 by the Kansas Legislature.  Everyone seeking admission to a nursing facility after January 1, 1995 has to be assessed by a Kansas Department on Aging, trained assessor.  

Nursing Facility Listing by County


Anderson County

Anderson County Hospital Long Term Care 

421 S. Maple 

Garnett, KS 66032 


ParkView Heights

101 North Pine 

Garnett, KS 66032 


Coffey County

LifeCare Center 

601 Cross St. 

Burlington, KS 66839 


Sunset Manor 

128 S. Pearson 

Waverly, KS 66071 


Franklin County

Rock Creek of Ottawa 

1100 W. 15th St. 

Ottawa, KS 66067 


Richmond Health Care 

340 South Street 

Richmond, KS 66080 


Wellsville Manor 

304 W. 7th 

Wellsville, KS 66092 


Miami County

LifeCare Center 

1615 Parker Ave. 

Osawatomie, KS 


Louisburg Health Care 

1200 S. Broadway 

Louisburg, KS 



908 N. Pearl 

Paola, KS 66071 


Osage County

Brookside Retirement Community 

702 W. 7th St. 

Overbrook, KS 66542 


Osage Nursing Rehabilitation 

1017 Main St. 

Osage City, KS 66053

Leaving the Nursing Home

 Many people and their families find themselves asking the question "Can I Really Leave the Nursing Facility?"  The answer to that question could be "YES"!  The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS), Area Agencies on Aging, Independent Living Centers and Nursing Facilities have partnered in Kansas to help in making the move through two programs.  

Community Transportation Opportunities (CTO)

  Regardless of whether they are a private pay or Medicaid individuals the CTO program offers information and assistance to nursing facility residents with the goal of helping that person and their family decide if transitioning to the community is an option. Answering the question "Can I leave the Nursing Facility?" may sound impossible and raise doubts, but the process is simple and the staff at the East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging can answer many of the questions that you have. 

Each nursing facility resident has an assessment (MDS 3.0) administered when admitted to the nursing facility and then again quarterly, yearly, or upon a significant change in condition. 

Once this assessment is completed and the person has identified an interest in returning to the community they are referred to the Area Agency on Aging (individuals 60+) or the Independent Living Center (individuals under 60). After the referral is made a face to face contact meeting with the individual and their family is made. During this face to face visit, options for care will be discussed. This can include housing options, services options and payment options.  If everyone agrees the resident should move, a case manager will be chosen and the move will proceed.  


Call 785-242-7200 to contact our office regarding these programs.